Re: [Denemo-devel] More timidity diagnostics

From: Nils Gey
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] More timidity diagnostics
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 22:51:00 +0100

First of all you don't need JACK to run Qsynth. Just setup your QSynth (in the
GUI) and tell it to use alsa instead.

I think the rest of you problem is your general JACK-problem. Did you try to
start JACK not from the command line but via QJjackctl? There is a log-window,
too, and it gives you probably better information. You can configure JACK with
all its options better, in my opinion, with QJackctl.

Your error messages are quite clear. No realtime-kernel but you start with the
realtime option, that is of course an error. Also try to use 24bit directly.
xruns are jack problems with the sync and time, sometimes they are unavoidable
and harmless (for example if you start programs or load big files), if they
happen often while you simply playback then your system is a)misconfigured
b)not capable of doing audio. But before you care about xruns you have to start
jack first. As said, try qjackctl, its much more clear for me.