Re: [Denemo-devel] Made with Denemo

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Made with Denemo
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 20:56:22 +0000

On Fri, 2008-10-31 at 15:57 +0100, Nils Gey wrote:
> For your information and possibly motivation:
> I'm still actually working with Denemo :)
>
> http://www.nilsgey.de/nachmittag_eines_dichters.pdf
>
> This is a piece that I made yesterday, Lyrics by Robert Gernhardt. Its a work
> for my university in Cologne.
> I was struggeling a bit with polyphonie and pedal-markings for piano. The
> note in measure 4, the F left hand, should actually be a whole note with a
> pedal marking.

> But when I added additional voices to my left-hand staff they showed up as
> extra staff.
Was this when Denemo was showing them on the same staff?

>  When I "joined voices"
This is what you do when you have two staffs with the voices on them,
right?
> the staff was actually a mess and everything was tranposed and mixed
> together...
I could imagine a problem might come because you have (quite rightly)
set Piano context start and end on the two staffs. I could easily
imagine these contexts might not work with multiple voices on the
staffs... (Try removing the contexts, you could add them back in
LilyPond if necessary).
Pedal Markings is something we need a simple script for (and then
something to cause a display in Denemo - I have an idea for this).
You could post a snippet of the .denemo I guess...