[Denemo-devel] isModifier() does not count NUM_LOCK

From: Richard Shann
Subject: [Denemo-devel] isModifier() does not count NUM_LOCK
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2008 12:32:02 +0000

Looking into the setting of the cursor, I notice that our isModifier()
function omits GDK_Num_Lock while including GDK_Caps_Lock.
Is there some grand plan which I am unaware of or is it just because the
gdkkeysyms.h is in some horrible historical tangle?
If no-one knows I will assume it is a tangle and try to present
something fairly uniform to the users.
I imagine that what we would want is that if any key lock is locked the
cursor changes and pressing modifier keys/mouse buttons changes the
cursor again. The cursor values for each state to be assignable by the
user (since the users are controlling what the keyboard and mouse do in
each state, so they will want appropriate feedback about the state).
These cursor settings will need to be stored (in the command set file, a
new section devoted to cursor<->state settings).