Re: [Denemo-devel] Dragging notes with the mouse.

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Dragging notes with the mouse.
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 09:53:14 +0100

On Thu, 2008-10-23 at 22:11 +0200, Nils Gey wrote:
> This sounds great. Does it work with chords?
It works on individual notes in chords, not as a drag on the note but as
a magnet that pulls the nearest note to the drop point. (See 1 below)
>  Does it work with more than one note (selections?)
No (See 2 below)
> Is it possible that you could write a function that does the same with
> keys?
Yes. In fact (and this is the beauty of it) you can set mouse-shortcuts
and key-shortcuts for anything. Understanding this, you do not need to
ask the question. There are denemo commands and you can cause them to
happen via events such as a key press, a mouse-button release etc.

1) Making a drag and drop of individual notes in a chord will be a
simple script. Making a drag and drop of a whole chord requires a
transposition function we do not yet have (I think).

2) This also would require a transposition function (I think).

All I did so far was write a simple illustration of how powerful the
combination of scripts and setting mouse shortcuts can be. This is the
script I wrote:

;;;Scheme code for command MoveNoteToCursor
(define cursor (string-upcase (d-GetCursorNote)))
(define command (string-append "(d-ChangeTo" cursor ")"))
(eval-string command)

It just gets the note name where the cursor is and executes the denemo
command ChangeTo<notename>

it's that simple!