Re: [Denemo-devel] Scheme Interpreter

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Scheme Interpreter
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 14:48:56 +0100

On Tue, 2008-10-21 at 16:59 -0400, Benjamin Summers wrote:
> I am using Richards 0.8 build for windows. It is very easy to make
> Denemo crash using the scheme interpreter.  For example:
>
> (define x '())
> (car x) ;; This is an error because x is an empty list and thus has no car
>
> This, and just about anything else, kills Denemo.
>
> It would also be nice to have a REPL
> [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/REPL] for the scheme interpreter instead
> of just a box to input scripts into.
Thanks for this lead. Even with that, we still wouldn't want a script to
be able to crash Denemo: ever since I did the windows build I have been
aware of the ice9 standard guile scripts and have been meaning to look
inside to see what you have to do to prevent guile exiting on
encountering an error... (to busy still...)

Also, did you have to do anything to get the windows build working for
you? There are several people reporting problems.

Thanks for you interest.