[Denemo-devel] New branch stable-0.7.9

From: Jeremiah Benham
Subject: [Denemo-devel] New branch stable-0.7.9
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 19:29:47 -0500

I created a new remote branch in git. It is called stable-0.7.9. So now
development can continue in the master branch as normal.

To checkout the  stable-0.7.9 branch do this in your denemo git
directory:

git checkout --track -b stable-0.7.9 origin/stable-0.7.9

This will make stable-0.7.9 your current branch so any editing of it
followed by a commit and push will go into this stable-0.7.9 branch. If
you check it out and want to edit master just do:

checkout master

Then all changes will be then made to the master branch.

I made the stable-0.7.9 branch in origin so the tree looks like this:
git branch -r
  origin/HEAD
  origin/master
  origin/stable-0.7.9

I could have made it look like this:
  origin/HEAD
  origin/master
  stable-0.7.9/master

I don't think it makes a difference as long as we are consistent about
it.