[Denemo-devel] keymaps

From: Richard Shann
Subject: [Denemo-devel] keymaps
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 18:22:15 +0100

The old keymaps do not work, as Jean-Rene` has, quite rightly I think,
not provided backward compatibility. (We were carrying around too much
code for this, and as setting key shortcuts is now so easy, making a
fresh start seems good). So we should take the opportunity to tidy this
area up.
Under "load standard keymap" we should show the system-wide keymaps, and
under "load custom keymap" we should show the .denemo ones.
We should make the names of the keymaps consistent: to match the
templates and examples we could use
Default.keymap
French.keymap
Speedy.keymap
etc
The default keymap should be kept minimal, as it is easier to add
keybindings than to take them away, and when beginning to use a program
the worst thing that can happen is that you hit a key and you don't know
which one, nor what it has done to the music.
I will create one (NumericKeypad.keymap) that uses the numeric keypad
(not present on all keyboards).
If you have a useful keymap to offer, please submit it (in the new
format of course). Plain text in an email will do - it is an ascii file.