Re: [Denemo-devel] Keybinding modifications and Print from selection

From: Jean-René Reinhard
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Keybinding modifications and Print from selection
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 19:58:59 +0200

> > I have a workaround for 2.8 now. Your re-work of the shortcut setting
> > looks really nice - a great look and feel to it. We can't abandon the
> > context sensitive help and shortcut settings though, as this is the only
> > way of navigating to a desired command and then finding out what it does
> > and setting a shortcut for it. I've integrated the left-click code (the
> > old help_and_set_accels() stuff) with your code, the setting of
> > shortcuts is working smoothly using your routines.

I now understand the fact the context sensitive dialog is important, but I'm not
happy with it's current layout :
- There is no need to have a confirmation, changes should be performed
  right-away.
- A tree view must be used to show the bindings of the command, with 2 buttons,
  one for shortcut addition, one for shortcut removal
- I don't think one should have the save accel and allow  quick edits stuff
  (global commands) in an action-specific dialog.

If nobody is working on this I can code this menu.

> > I hope to get the labels to display the first shortcut, regardless of
> > whether it is actually an accelerator (consider, at the moment, there is
> > no way to find out the key press for the menu item chord->Add note, you
> > would have to guess that it is a function called AddTone, as it is bound
> > to Return and KP_Enter, neither of which can be accelerators). It should
> > be possible to do this, as the load_accels parsing does parse and
> > display them in the current version of the program.
> > Thank you very much for a great piece of work.
> > Richard

How do you plan to display accels that are not valid accels in the accel labels
of the interface? I see no easy solution, and think it probably requires going
through the UI and replace every  accellabel with a custom label widget. If we
do this, then we can abandon the accel system. However, one will probably have
to emulate a lot of stuff from gtk....

> > also (see below) I am quite happy that Makefile.ins be not versioned.

And the Makefiles also. Is it possible to commit their removal?

Cheers,
Jean-René