[Denemo-devel] Music excerpt

From: Jeremiah Benham
Subject: [Denemo-devel] Music excerpt
Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 12:32:02 -0500

I began to write code to allow denemo to create music excerpts. I am not
sure if I should have this function launch via the print icon or have it
be a menu item. I was also wondering if I should have a switch inside
print.c function run_lilypond_and_viewer or if I should create its own
function. Instead of launching a pdfviewer it would launch an
imageviewer that would open an png file. I already edited my local
version to do most everything except the print function. What are your
opinions.

They only thing needed to create music excerpts is to add this line in
the beginning of a lilypond file:

\include "lilypond-book-preamble.ly"

Then compile the example like this:

lilypond --png -b eps -o filename filename.ly

This produces a filename.png. Once I am finished it opens up in the
users imageviewer defined in their preferences. I just don't know if
what I should label this in the menu. The file menu is getting rather
large. Perhaps some submenu's can be created to trim it down a bit.

What do you think?