Re: [Denemo-devel] git 1.4.4.4

From: Jeremiah Benham
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] git 1.4.4.4
Date: Sun, 18 May 2008 09:54:29 -0500

On Sun, 2008-05-18 at 09:49 +0100, Richard Shann wrote:
> When I did aptitude install git-core
> I got version 1.4.4.4. However, following the links on the denemo git
> pages the tutorial/getting started only works for 1.5.1 or newer. What
> do you guys have?

I have 1.5.4.3. I bet 1.4 is fine. No need to try to keep up with the
Joneses when we probably won't be using all the latest and greatest
features.

> Also there appear to be different ways of working with git - with
> someone acting as a review stage before a new version becomes public or
> each developer performing this function, as on CVS.
> Do we need to agree how we are going to use git?

I was thinking of using it similar to how we used CVS unless someone has
a reason why we should do it another way.  I have not thought of the
advantages of doing it any other way.