[Denemo-devel] Re: Your Open Source Notation Software survey: Denemo

From: akaihol+notation
Subject: [Denemo-devel] Re: Your Open Source Notation Software survey: Denemo
Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 11:45:24 +0300

Richard, thanks for your reply to my questionnaire!

You mentioned:
   -Integrated text editor for LilyPond

Reading through http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/denemo-devel/2008-05/msg00000.html and http://denemo.sourceforge.net/ar01s13.html
am I understanding correctly that:
* the feature is disabled in the current version (0.7.8)?
* it's an experimental (proof of concept) feature?

You also said that LilyPond import "is very limited/broken, however cut and paste of LilyPond is possible." I tried to select LilyPond markup in a text editor and paste in Denemo, but nothing happened. Is this because the integrated text editor is disabled, or did I misunderstand?

(In my survey I'm assessing the usefulness of several notation software utilites to the common musician as of their current versions, but I'll mention interesting upcoming features as well and I want to get the facts right.)

-Antti