Re: [Denemo-devel] Denemo API

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Denemo API
Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 14:24:24 +0100

Thank you for this - it will be very difficult to achieve that goal
without a systematic re-write of the core code which has really never
been touched. There would need to be an object model at the bottom of
all this and a clear separation of data for drawing from data
representing the music. The reason I think this is that while the dnm_
functions have nice clear names, what actually happens deep down is
rather complex, with side effects on poorly understood data structures.
The saga of dnm_initialkeyaccs is an example.
This idea of a re-write is *not* incremental however and so will require
someone able to put in a sustained effort.

Richard