[Denemo-devel] "Noteworthy Composer" Project

From: N. Gey
Subject: [Denemo-devel] "Noteworthy Composer" Project
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 16:27:26 +0100

Hello list,

In short: I love the Noteworthycomposer but its closed source, win-only,
slow-developing and has bad lilypond-support so I want to convert a Denemo
version to behave like the NWC(2) and I'm asking myself if there are any other
people who can help or are interested.

For years and currently I'm using the Noteworthy Composer 2 Beta
(http://www.noteworthysoftware.com)and I think its a very good program. Its
handy, quick and key-based (not mouse) and overall there are many good things.
The way of typing is very unique, you could test the programm or read the
wikipedia article to get a clue
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noteworthy_composer .

But recently I'm trying to change, for a few reasons, as said above: I'm a
linux user and having Wine and a Windows-Version on my laptop mainly for this
programm, its closed source and its only slow developing. The developers are
some strange kind of narrow-minded (I think its only one person) with no
perspective for further versions. And now comes my interest for lilypond. There
is some ly converter for nwc avaible, but its not that good.

So I want to change my notationprogram. I've searched a lot and only find
denemo attractive enough to take a closer look. Its key-based with a cursor,
you can change all kind of keys and its very close to lilypond.

But I dont like the way Denemo behaves in some things, so I want to announce
here, that I'm trying to make Denemo like the NWC, because I think its a
superior sort of typing. First only with keymap-changes but maybe later with
some patches.

Any comments?

greetings,
Nils