[Denemo-devel] [Fwd: Re: [LAU] GNU Denemo chokes a dual core 2 GB server

From: Richard Shann
Subject: [Denemo-devel] [Fwd: Re: [LAU] GNU Denemo chokes a dual core 2 GB server]
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 08:28:02 +0100

I would have guessed that installing timidity locally on each machine
would prevent the network getting swamped with demands for the timidity
binary image. That is outside of denemo's hands, but note that libaubio
has midi output capability - the only reason I didn't use it was that I
hadn't got it working, whereas I knew I could work libportaudio.

On the subject of local versus system installation:
I'm not an expert here, but I notice that my denemo installation fails
to run the help manual because it looks for
file:///usr/local/share/denemo/manual/denemo-manual.html
while it has installed to the same address without the /local bit.

We need someone with an interest/skill in configuration of software!