ddd

Missing gdb functions? Ort not?

From: Alan Paterson
Subject: Missing gdb functions? Ort not?
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2018 11:20:23 +0100

Hello.

I discovered ddd 2 days ago and am very happy to have done so. It is a big jump up from using gdb in command-line mode.

I just have a few questions (almost trivial) and I have not found any answers to them  in the manual:

Note. My programming language is Ada

  1. There is no (apparent) way to have gdb issued with a “start” command. Useful, since just “run” will go too far. Can be entered in the console window of course. Am I missing something?
  2. There appears to be no ddd way to issue a “catch exceptions” command. Although, if I do this in the console, it does appear in the list of breakpoints.
  3. For some of the breakpoints, the “Delete” icon is insensitive. It is always the case for the breakpoint on exceptions, but sometimes on others as well.
  4. If a breakpoint is set which breaks on many instances, these are all nicely listed. However, the attempt to delete any of the “sub”-items deletes them all. Is this deliberate? Is it perhaps a gdb restriction?
My humble apologies if these things are indeed documented somewhere.

Alan Paterson
Paranor AG
CH-3046 Wahlendorf