ddd

Problems with killing ddd

From: Fred Krogh
Subject: Problems with killing ddd
Date: Sat, 04 May 2013 10:00:01 -0700

A problem that plagued me recently returned. But this time not as deadly. After killing ddd (some kind of loop, probably in my code, but clicking on the interrupt button got no attention), I was back with the problem of ddd sleeping almost immediately. This time I was smarter, and compared the ~/.ddd/init file with a back up. The current had 13088 bytes, the backup had 4518. Copied the backup init file to the current, and all is working. The lesson here for me is that one should save a working ~/.ddd/init file to restore in case killing ddd puts it in some kind of evil state.
Fred