ddd

ddd and shared object loading

From: akayvan
Subject: ddd and shared object loading
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 12:14:36 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,
When I try loading a shared object using file->open program, the following is
shown on gdb screen:
no debugging symbols found.  I am not able to see any source files to debug the
shared object.

DDD is running on CentOs station.
I am using GNU gdb Red Hat Linux 6.5-25.e15rh.
I am starting the debugger like ddd ./xyz.exe.
shared object (SO) is in the same directory as xyz.exe is.
source files for the SO is in a different directory.
SO is built using gmake debug command.
autoloading of shared library symbols is enabled under gdb settings.
adding path for source and object files does not seem to fix the issue.

I appreciate your thoughts here.
Thanks.