ddd

Re: Calling gnuplot fails, when canceled DDD crashes

From: Andrew Gaylard
Subject: Re: Calling gnuplot fails, when canceled DDD crashes
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 11:26:48 +0200

2008/3/27 Schmitt <address@hidden>:
Hi,
Everytime i try to call gnuplot to display some variable, DDD doesn get
further than the announcement. (I refer to the small window telling that
gnuplot is starting or something.) When clicking on cancel the whole
thing crashes...
Thats all I can tell You, but please ask for any infomation You need, I
am glad to help.
gnuplot is installed:
       G N U P L O T
       Version 4.2 patchlevel 0
       last modified March 2007
       System: Linux 2.6.22-14-generic
I am working on ubuntu gutsy, kernel Linux 2.6.22-14-generic and GNOME.
Keep up the great work,
Pal

This is a known bug.  It appears that gnuplot-4.x can't be passed an
X window-ID to render graphs to.  If anyone can confirm the truth or
falsehood of this, please let me know.

The workaround is to use gnuplot-3.x.

Andrew