ddd

ddd-3.3.2-test3 and branch to handle revised python debugger

From: R. Bernstein
Subject: ddd-3.3.2-test3 and branch to handle revised python debugger
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 20:06:06 -0500

I've done the first merge of the old ddd pydb.py debugger and an
extension of the current pdb.py sources which I call pydb.py - as
pydb.py last project is somewhat abandoned (Richard Wolff has
retired), I don't think anyone will mind my using that name and call
this an continuation of that. At least that's what I sort of had in
mind when I first called it pydb.  The Extended Python debugger
distribution you can download from here:
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=61395&package_id=175827

On-line documentation is at
http://bashdb.sourceforge.net/pydb/pydb/lib/index.html

But I've also made changes to ddd to add the new capabilities. As
before, it's mostly changes of the sort handle pydb like gdb here and
here and here...

This time I think I did the branch correctly. (Thanks to whoever it
was who informed me the last time of how to do this properly.) The tag
name is pydb.

And I've also made a 3rd test release for those folks who prefer that
over the CVS tagged version.  Get that at:
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=61395&package_id=65341

I'd be interested in experiences folks had with the old python
debugger in ddd (or whatever folks were using previously with ddd) and
how things relate. The merge was kind of tough since the sources were
a bit different most places.