ddd

What to do about: "Cannot find termcap compatible library"

From: Erik Leunissen
Subject: What to do about: "Cannot find termcap compatible library"
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 23:52:13 +0200

L.S.

I attempted to compile ddd-3.3.11. A problem occurred in the ./configure step, which failed with the following (last) lines of output:

checking for sin in -lm... yes
checking for open in -lc... yes
checking for elf_version in -lelf... no
checking for tgetent in -lmytinfo... no
checking for tgetent in -lncurses... no
checking for tgetent in -lcurses... no
checking for tgetent in -ltermcap... no
checking for tgetent in -lterminfo... no
checking for tgetent in -ltermlib... no
configure: error: Cannot find termcap compatible library.

I am unsure whether the following is relevant, but I mention it just in case:

Of the libraries in which configure searched for tgetent, the following are installed on my Linux system:

present        not present
libncurses     libmytinfo
libcurses      libterminfo
libtermcap     libtermlib

Does anybody know what can I do to please ./configure ?

Thanks in advance,

Erik Leunissen