ddd

Re: DDD 3.3.9 (i686-pc-cygwin) gets `BadWindow' error

From: Andrew Gaylard
Subject: Re: DDD 3.3.9 (i686-pc-cygwin) gets `BadWindow' error
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 20:23:58 +0200

Paul Suckling wrote:
This is a bug report.

In order to get this error, I:
* Set a breakpoing in a gfortran compiled program.
* Ran to the break point.
* Select a variable and chose to display it.
* I then select the Plot button, in order to plot it.

A window pops up telling me that gnuplot is being started.
I wait but nothing happens.
Eventually I click cancel on the popup window, since I am bored of waiting when it is clear nothing is going to materialize.
ddd crashes, and requests that I sent a bug report.

I have multiple monitors, and my windows desktop is extended to use both monitors. Could this be the problem? I know it can confuse some programs which expect a single monitor.

Please find the ~/.ddd/log file attached.

Regards,

Paul

Hi there Paul,

Thanks for this bug report.

This problem's due to changes in Gnuplot between 3.x and 4.x.
Until it's fixed, I suggest downgrading (or not plotting).

Andrew.