ddd

Re: curses version of DDD

From: Edward Peschko
Subject: Re: curses version of DDD
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 11:51:10 -0800

On Fri, Mar 04, 2005 at 10:15:39AM -0000, Arnaud Desitter wrote:

> [...]

well, right, that's why I was looking for alternatives.

> >Am I out of luck? Or is there already a version like this out there
> >somewhere? And if not ddd, what would people suggest (aside from emacs)
>
> Use gdb/dbx/... directly ? Or install an X server (on Windows, cygwin is the
> way to go).

I don't think that is a realistic 'alternative'. I want the ability to
profile variables, etc... Everything the ddd does could be done with
curses, its just a question of having the will/inclination to do so.

Of course, if there was a way of separating the code interfacing with the
debugger from ddd proper (ie: the screen scraping that ddd does to interface
with ruby's debugger, dbx, etc... then I could probably port said code to
vimscript and get a 'ddd' mode for vim.. but that might be a pretty hard chore.

Where does this code exist, anyways? How do you make a plugin for ddd for any
given debugger?

Ed