ddd

can I use DDD for program understanding w/o running the program?

From: Marc Desmarais
Subject: can I use DDD for program understanding w/o running the program?
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 10:29:29 -0800

Hi,

Can I use DDD to read throught the source code of a program w/o running the
program or having a core of it?

The program in question is cross compiled to run on an embedded system that
is not setup yet for remote use of GDB (something I hope to fix, but I just
got hired to learn the code, so the fix will have to wait).

If not, can you recommend a good program understanding (reverse engineering)
tool? I read that DDD has the ability to show you the type of a variable
with just a few mouse click, and can graphically display data structures.
Now that's usefull.

Thanks

Marc
---