ddd

Re: Authentication Failure when Running DDD

From: Andrew Gaylard
Subject: Re: Authentication Failure when Running DDD
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 09:21:26 +0200

miriam wrote:
To whom it concerns,
When I type ddd 'myfilename' I get the following error message:

'Warning: Tried to connect to session manager, Authentication Rejected,
reason : None of the authentication protocols specified are supported
and host-based authentication failed'

Could you please help me to rectify this problem?

I am aware that the exact same question was posted in March 2003, but,
nobody has replies to it.

Any help/hints which you could give me would be greatly appreciated?

Regards,
Miriam O'Riordan
BDS Group,
CSIS Department,
University of Limerick

Hi Miriam,

This looks like a vanilla X authentication error.

Does "xclock" work?  If not, then you'll need to ask your nearest
friendly system administrator.  What is your $DISPLAY set to?
Is it correct? (Hint: if it's blank, then it's definitely wrong.)

Andrew.