ddd

Re: List maintainer: please deploy anti-spam solution

From: Andrew Gaylard
Subject: Re: List maintainer: please deploy anti-spam solution
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 09:22:16 +0200

David Arnstein wrote:
The ddd mailing list is getting a large amount of spam.  There are
technical solutions, apparently.  The cygwin-xfree project has one.
Would you please get one too.  You can correspond with the people at
cygwin-xfree (Christopher Faylor, in particular).  Their mailing list
archive is at http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-xfree.

Hi,

The spam's been driving me mad for a long time now.  At the end of
last year, I logged a call with the GNU admins to enable spam filtering,
and I've heard nothing.

I've just contacted the admins again to request access to the mailman
administrative interface, and hopefully there will be an option there
to reduce/eliminate the spam.

Andrew.