ddd

Re: ddd question: how to read content of c++ stl container

From: Andrew Gaylard
Subject: Re: ddd question: how to read content of c++ stl container
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 19:32:34 +0200

Khanh Trinh wrote:
Hello,
I am using C++ stl containers like an stl::set. I am trying to look at the content of a set container with DDD. When I try print or display an stl::set, I am getting headers, node count, key_compare, memory addresses, but not the actual content of the stl::set. Is there a quick way to display the actual data?

This is presently not possible, due to the fact that gdb doesn't have
a simple way to view the data (as far as I know).

It might be possible to write write code for DDD to examine the STL
structures, but so far, no one's tried it.

(Personally, I'd love to see DDD able to graphically display STL
containers.)

Andrew.