ddd

ddd cygwin and idb

From: Joshua Kolden
Subject: ddd cygwin and idb
Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 13:00:38 -0700

We are trying to create a uniform development environment for Linux and
windows based on the Intel compiler.  Everything has been setup and is
working well except for debugging.  When attempting to start debugging
on a simple helloWorld program ddd seems to hang waiting for a responds
from idb

> ddd --debugger "idb -gdb" helloWorld.exe

I get:

"Reading Symbols from helloWorld.exe...done."

...then nothing.  If I try any other action in ddd, such as "run" I get:

"Run: waiting until GDB gets ready"

However, when I run idb by hand it responds like gdb.  Anyone have any
experience with this?

Thanks,