ddd

Re: DDD question

From: Lei Guo
Subject: Re: DDD question
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2004 11:46:22 -0400

What I found is DDD does not support jdk 1.4, but it does support jdk
1.3. I guess the reason is that the designer of DDD, who is a faculty in
a university in Germany now, has no time to work on this. He had posted
a message in DDD mail list to find people to take over his work for DDD
maintenance.

If you want to debug java in Linux, you can use jdk 1.3. Hower, jdk 1.4
has new facilities in networking, though not significant, may be useful
to you (I have the experience of using these facilities). So I suggest
you to use NetBeans, http://www.netbeans.org/, a free IDE environment
for java development, incluing editing, compiling, debuging, ..., all in
one. NetBeans can be run in both linux and windows.

Ludwig Seitz wrote:

> Hello I have found your old posting in the DDD discussion list
> ("a problem about debugging java program")
> Sadly there seems to be no answer in the list archives. Now I face
> just the same
> problem as you did back then. Did you find a solution to your problem?
> If yes I would be very glad if you could share it with me.
>
> Regards,
>
> Ludwig Seitz

Lei Guo
Ph.D. Candidate

College of William and Mary     Office: M-S Hall 139
Department of Computer Science  Phone: (757)221-3477
P.O. Box 8795                   Email: address@hidden
Williamsburg, VA 23187-8795     URL: http://www.cs.wm.edu/~lguo