ddd

Re: ddd on ia64-hpux11.22

From: Andrew Gaylard
Subject: Re: ddd on ia64-hpux11.22
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 11:25:24 +0200

SEIP,CHRISTOPHER (HP-Roseville,ex1) wrote:
Hey Andrew,

Well, I took a first shot at compiling ddd 3.3.8 on HP-UX 11.22, on
IA64/Itanium architecture.  Used GNU make, HP's ANSI C compiler, and
provided precompiled xpm and ncurses libraries.

Make ran into trouble in the libiberty directory:

  make: *** No rule to make target `../include/xregex.h', needed by
`regex.o'.  Stop.

I looked throughout the ddd source tree, there's no xregex.h file.  Not in
the ddd-3.3.8.tar.gz file either.  I peeked at the regex.c file, clearly it
requires a xregex.h file, preferably in ../include.  (Looking ahead to my
next problem, apparently xregex2.h is also missing from the tar distribution
file.)

Am I overlooking something?  Was it supposed to be generated along the way,
perhaps?  Let me know if this problem sounds familiar to you, or if I can
provide further clues.

Thanks, as always!  Have a great weekend,

--Chris--

Yo Chris,

Yes, this is a problem that we're aware of.  It's already been fixed
in the CVS version, and will be in 3.3.9 when it's released.  That'll
be in a couple of weeks.

If you need it right away you can get the latest source from CVS.

Andrew.