ddd

Segfault when a gnuplot graph is closed?

From: Atwood, Robert C
Subject: Segfault when a gnuplot graph is closed?
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 15:38:31 -0000

Dear folks:
I have gotten a segmentation fault repeatedly when using a plot (gnuplot) of
the information in a dynamically-allocated array (pointer), when the plot is
closed, or closing a non-active plot. The display

(gdb) graph display (*bp->sb[0]->c_fs)@100

updates without any problem, but if I have a gnuplot graph open, run to the
same breakpoint again (same scope, same source line) and use the file|close
command from the plot window. it segfaults. It also segfaults if the
debugger is stopped at a breakpoint outside the original scope, even though
the variable exists in the new scope, and even thought he plot is not active
when closed.

I hope this is some sort of easily fixed issue of configuration?

GNU DDD 3.3.8 (i686-pc-linux-gnu)
Copyright (C) 1995-1999 Technische Universität Braunschweig, Germany.
Copyright (C) 1999-2001 Universität Passau, Germany.
Copyright (C) 2001 Universität des Saarlandes, Germany.

Compiled with GCC 3.3, GNU libc 2.2
Requires X11R6, Xt11R6, Motif 2.1 (GNU/LessTif Version 2.1 Release 0.93.91)
Includes XPM 3.4.11, Athena Panner (7000002L), DDD core
Built 2003-11-13 by (unknown).

(unknown -- that's me!)

gnuplot --version
gnuplot 3.8k patchlevel 0