ddd

Remote inferior debugger with local DDD GUI?

From: Ramon F Herrera
Subject: Remote inferior debugger with local DDD GUI?
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2003 23:07:30 -0400

Hello:

I looked at the documentacion, but I couldn't find an answer
to this question.  IMO, the most useful feature of DDD would be to
be able to use it in a client-server configuration:  having the GUI
in my local Windows machine, while running gdb in a remote
GNU/Linux server.

Is that feasible?

I have Hummingbird Exceed, but I only use it if I have no alternative,
because of the bandwith, the performance through a cable modem
is simply unacceptable.  What is needed is an efficient, specific
client-server proocol between gdb and ddd.

Thanks,

-Ramon F. Herrera