ddd

Re: Install problem with ddd-3.3.7

From: J.H.M. Dassen (Ray)
Subject: Re: Install problem with ddd-3.3.7
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 09:17:04 +0200

On Thu, Sep 04, 2003 at 08:11:29 +0200, Sándor Vörös wrote:
> I tried to install ddd-3.3.7 downloaded from
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/ddd on Linux RH9.0 with gcc 3.2.2. After
> extracting the files from the tar archive in directory /usr/local/share

This is a case of "don't do that then". You've put the source tree in a
location where the install wants to put files. Put the source somewhere
where an install won't be installing files, like your home directory, or
/usr/local/src .

HTH,
Ray
--
"a infinite number of monkeys typing into GNU emacs would never make a good
program"