ddd

open source file from command line

From: Pablo Velasquez
Subject: open source file from command line
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 15:09:11 -0700

Hi,
I was wondering how to open a source file from the command line with DDD. It
might not be possible.

This is what I use to open up a mod_handler (full details in forwarded
e-mail):

ddd --debugger '/usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -f
/usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf -X' --perl

I'm just wondering if I can open up my source file "automatically" by adding
another param to the above command. For example:

ddd --debugger '/usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -f
/usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf -X' --perl
--ddd_source_file=/usr/local/apache/lib/perl/NewModule.pm

I've looked throught he docs, but I haven't seen any reference to it. Thanks!

-Pablo
--- Begin Message --- Subject: DDD and mod_perl handler Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 15:21:53 -0700 User-agent: KMail/1.5.1
Hello,
I've been searching for guidance on using DDD with mod_perl. (DDD is
fantastic)

I use DDD to debug my perl scripts like so:

ddd --perl myperlscript.pl (quite simple :)

However, I haven't been able to do the same with a mod_perl handler.

Perl 5.005_03
Apache/1.3.24 (Unix)
mod_perl/1.26
RH 8.0

This is my handler "http://localhost/Reports/Cslink"; I'd like to step through
the code with DDD.

Here's what I have been able to accomplish:
1. Installed Apache::DB
2. If I run this from the command line: ./httpd -X

I do get a message telling me I'm in debug mode:
[notice] Apache::DB initialized in child 2487

3. I go to my browser and call:
http://localhost/Reports/Cslink

4. From the command line I now see this:
Emacs support available.
Enter h or `h h' for help.
Reports::Generate::Cslink::handler(/usr/local/apache/lib/perl/Reports/Generate/Cslink.pm:11):
11:     $ENV{ORACLE_HOME}='/usr/local/oracle';
DB<1>

5. This is all good, since now the perl debugger is running my program, just
like when I use DDD to run a regular perl script. However, the question is,
how can I use DDD to run on top of this?

I've been reading online for the answer and there are some hints:
"Debugging mod_perl C Internals"
http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/devel/debug/c.html

In fact, I'm going to try this one, but I was hoping for a more standard
approach.

Thanks.

-Pablo