ddd

RFC2919 List-Id header

From: William Trenker
Subject: RFC2919 List-Id header
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2003 16:01:20 -0000

I'm a member of the ddd list. I notice that the List-Id header in the messages for this list is: List-Id: Discussion list for DDD, the GNU graphical debugger front end <ddd.gnu.org>

From what I can tell, after studying RFC2919, the comma in the description
means that the description should be quoted like this:

This is becoming significant because some of the newer email clients are using the List-Id header to automatically group mailing list messages.

Regards,
Bill