ddd

DDD on Linux

From: Lynch, Thomas Edward (Tom)
Subject: DDD on Linux
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 13:41:59 -0400

Greetings:

        I'm not sure this is really a ddd qusetion and not a gdb
        question, however I have a ddd command file like so:

set lang c++
break cmd_run
handle SIGEMT SIGBUS SIGILL SIGUSR1 SIGPROF nostop noprint
set args +tbvTestName=obj/libtbvTestBench.so
+loadpli1=/usr/local/denali/libpli.so:den_PLIPtr \

+loadpli1=/usr/local/twb-2002.04-b/pli/libpli.so:setup_tfs \
                        +define+"TBV" +access+rw +tbvTransRecord +libverbose
-status -xlstyle  +define+DUMPLOC='"waves
/test"' -f ncsim.args
run
set stop-on-solib 0
shared obj/libtbvTestBench.so

        This runs fine on the Solaris box using gdb: GNU gdb 4.17
        However on the Linux box (GNU gdb Red Hat Linux 7.x (5.0rh-15))
        when running ddd I get:

Copyright © 1999-2001 Universität Passau, Germany.
Breakpoint 1 at 0x80bf142
Error in re-setting breakpoint 1:
Cannot access memory at address 0x123
Error in re-setting breakpoint 1:
Cannot access memory at address 0x123
Error in re-setting breakpoint 1:
Cannot access memory at address 0x123
Error in re-setting breakpoint 1:

        Never sets the breakpoint and then bombs out with:

gdbCMD:9: Error in sourced command file:
Cannot access memory at address 0x40016974

        which is the "shared" line int he command file. Any
        ideas what I can try?

        Thanks
          Tom

Tom Lynch