ddd

Installing DDD 3.3.1 on macosX

From: jacques Mallet
Subject: Installing DDD 3.3.1 on macosX
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 11:25:39 +0200

I had to fight a little bit to succesfully install ddd on my titanium with macosX 10.1.5.
I found helps but scattered in many places
so If you think this "how to" is valuable for the INSTALL file I am please to help the community if not forget it.
Maintaining of ddd is a great and very usefull activity.

#How to install ddd-3.3.1 on mac osX 10.1.5 at standard locations.
#Assume you have cd in the place of ddd-3.3.1
#Modify ./ddd/cxxtest.C for namespace making comments of two lines at namespace_test()
#so cxxtest.C will correctly compile.
# // int k = 0;
# // ::k++;
# you will create xddd as the tool to launch ddd
env LDFLAGS=-Wl,-force_flat_namespace sh ./configure --program-prefix=x --with-motif-includes=/sw/include --with-motif-libraries=/sw/lib
#avoid overwriting of Ddd by ddd during make (HFS case insensitive)
mv ./ddd/Ddd ./ddd/Ddd_save
make
make install
sudo cp ./ddd/Ddd_save /usr/local/share/ddd-3.3.1/ddd
sudo mv /usr/local/share/ddd-3.3.1/ddd/Ddd_save Ddd
# you must end up with only one file Ddd of about 356 Kbytes at /usr/local/share/ddd-3.3.1/ddd
#you may now clean up the object files and installation related files
make clean

# dont forget env variables before launching xddd (dont know if both are mandatory)
#setenv XAPPLRESDIR /usr/local/share/ddd-3.3.1/ddd
#setenv DDD_HOME /usr/local/share/ddd-3.3.1

cheers
Jacques
Jacques Mallet
E-mail : address@hidden