ddd

Re: debugging multithreaded applications

From: Pierre Habraken
Subject: Re: debugging multithreaded applications
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 09:27:35 +0200

arun4vxworks wrote:

>   I'd like to know whether DDD can be used to debug multithreaded
> applications.
>
>   If so, I'd like to know, how to do so. Like, switching to other
> threads, setting breakpoints in threads, etc...

Actually, ddd is just a (full feature) graphical front end to an
underlying debugger of your choice. The best choice open source debugger
is gdb. This is also the default debugger that ddd connects to when it
starts up. Gdb can help you to debug multi-process and/or multi-threaded
programs. See the documentation of gdb for details.

Pierre
Pierre HABRAKEN - mailto:address@hidden
Tél: 04 76 82 72 83 - Fax: 04 76 82 72 87
IMAG-LSR BP72 38402 SAINT MARTIN D'HERES Cedex