ddd

Re: Environment variables in DDD

From: Freddy Jensen
Subject: Re: Environment variables in DDD
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2002 10:06:23 -0800

   >From: <address@hidden>
   >Date: Fri Feb 8 2002  1:12am
   >To:   <address@hidden>
   >Subj: Environment variables in DDD
   >
   >Hi
   >
   >For some mysterious reason DDD don't inherit environment variables from the
terminal which it was started. This causes that DDD don't find shared libraries
because LD_LIBRARY_PATH is not correct. I can use GDB consele to define
LD_LIBRARY_PATH, but it is troublesome. Is there any options or config file
that I can use to define environment variables DDD uses.

   >br,
   >Anssi Kanto

I discovered that the inferior debugger (gdb) reads your .cshrc
file every time you issue the 'run' command. I did not know that,
and I had some code in my .cshrc file that would set LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

So no matter what I set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to in the debugger,
it was silently changed back everytime I issued the 'run'
command. The problem was fixed when I fixed up my .cshrc
file.

Perhaps this is your problem?

--
Freddy Jensen, Sr. Computer Scientist, Adobe Systems Incorporated
345 Park Avenue, San Jose, CA 95110-2704, USA, Ph: (408) 536-2869