ddd

Re: New ddd software

From: Arnaud Desitter
Subject: Re: New ddd software
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 09:06:55 +0100 (BST)

Hi,

> We are currently using ddd 3.3 that we downloaded from the website but we
> are having two major issues with that.
>
> 1) We keep getting "program received signal SIGINT interrupt" and then on
> the second line, it prints different messages. For example "0xTTTTTT in
> _select from /lib/libc.so.6". We have to keep hitting continue to keep
> moving. Sometimes we have to kill the app and starts again.

You may recompile ddd (preferably the latest version) on the host system
to make sure it matches the right libraries, including "libc". Think of
getting the latest Lesstif or simply Motif, now available free of charge
of Linux.

> 2) It takes long time to start our app with ddd.

You may want to apply a patch posted on address@hidden that plugs some
memory leaks. It may help or it may not. Look in the mailing list
archive to get it.

Regards,
Arnaud

01285 884400.