ddd

DDD 3.2.98 : Takes 5 minutes to open a Source File ( hangs on Reading fr

From: David McCarthy
Subject: DDD 3.2.98 : Takes 5 minutes to open a Source File ( hangs on Reading from GDB)
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 21:51:52

I am seeing this problem on DDD ver 3.2.98, and it reproduces 100% of the time. I ran it on AIX 4.2.1 and AIX 4.3 and I Saee the problem on both of these. I have ran the configuration check, etc, and everything is ok. Also, I was originally running DDD ver 3.2.1 and I do not have this problem there.

Here is the description of the problem :

I am debugging a normal program.

Now I try to open a source file that is not the current working dir (I have set the source path in gdb settings to that directory).

The status bar shows "Reading file from GDB", and it just hangs there for about 4-5 minutes. The GDB prompt window shows that the DDD has called "list FILE.c..." and it just hangs there for a few minutes. The file is about 2000 lines long.

If I run gdb by itself, it returns immediately from the command above with the 10 lines of src code.

I have tried the gdb default for # of source lines showed at a time, but that does not seem to make a difference.

Anybody else have this problem ?