ddd

Re: Information about data themes

From: Andreas Zeller
Subject: Re: Information about data themes
Date: 15 Jan 2001 07:57:21 +0100

Hi!

Alain Champenois <address@hidden> writes:

> In the release 3.2.95, the documentation about writing data themes seem
> to be missing. The link
> ddd-3.2.95/doc/html/ddd-themes.html#Top is broken (the file
> ddd-thmes.html doesn't exist).

Thanks!  This will be fixed in the final DDD 3.3 release.  The
`ddd-themes.texi' source should be included in the 3.2.95 source
distribution, though.

> Anyway, I'm interested in using date themes to display STL data
> structures like vector.  Currently, this is one the worst draw about
> using the C++ standard library: no easy way to debug most of the STL
> library.
>
> Are any of the plan C++ themes already avalaible ?  And how will the
> release of new themes work ? Will it be done only with new DDD
> release, or is a seperate release procedure be used.

DDD 3.3 has only some simple data themes.  Data themes for STL will
come later, and they will require new VSL functions in DDD (i.e., a
future DDD release).

Why are STL data themes not in DDD yet?  Well, there are many
alternatives DDD could support data themes for STL - and I'm working
out the most general, yet the most usable one.  For that, I need some
experience with the existing data themes first - hence, the 3.3
release.

Best wishes,

Andreas

--