ddd

Re: [off topic] About the spam

From: Andreas Zeller
Subject: Re: [off topic] About the spam
Date: 09 Jan 2001 12:44:16 +0100

Hi!

Arnaud Charlet <address@hidden> writes:

> Can't the list administrator close this list to non subscribed
> members ?  It is very annoying to receive several spam messages from
> this list everyday.

There is no list administrator for address@hidden (other than the
automated `mailman' system running at gnu.org).

If anyone is willing to act as a list administrator, please let me
know.  Your duties would include:

  mailing lists (and negotiating about settings)
- setting up the DDD mailing lists such that
  postings from non-subscribed members are sent to a moderator first,
- finding a moderator who'd forward ddd-related stuff to subscribers
  and forward spam to /dev/null.

I used to do this in the past (with my old `ddd-users' mailing list),
and it was quite fun.  Unfortunately, I no longer have time for this;
I prefer to spend the little available time for maintaining DDD.  So
if anyone is willing to step in, please let me know.

Greetings,

Andreas Zeller

--
Andreas Zeller     Universitaet Passau