dcciv-dev

[Dcciv-dev] caterer clasp

From: Denis Justice
Subject: [Dcciv-dev] caterer clasp
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2006 15:32:18 +0300

Never mind about me, said Rapas; I have other ideas in my head. He still stood staring into that other room.
From your looks, Id take you to be a fighting man by profession, hesuggested.
Ah, but master, interrupted Rapas, have I not always served you welland faithfully? Yes, I replied, but I have been absent from the city for years.
Isaw him groping with his hands at one side of the door, and presentlyhe stepped back and waited.
In his present role, he was obviously a person of importance. It had come following his statement that he hadother plans. It seems rather a weird idea, I said, but I can see nothing sohorrible about it.
He looked verysour, and he did not say good-bye to me as he left the room. It was almost asthough what he had said had sobered him.
He also aids inthe kidnaping of new victims.
Glancing at some of these, Idiscovered that they were all scientific works. I wish you luck, he said, but I think that the best youwill get will be a sword through your heart.
Theyconsisted of a living room, two small bedrooms, and a bath.
It is your job; certainly no manneeds two assassins.
Do not be afraid, I said; tell me something ofyourself.
Close the door, she whispered, her voice tense with suppressedemotion. Then you may select me if you still wish to do so.
I was frightened, and I hid, she replied. He also is an inventor, and he has employed an agent of theassassins guild to make away with me. This is anearlier work, I believe, and not quite so authoritative. While he is away,you will remain here as my bodyguard. Hestopped suddenly and gave me a quick, suspicious look.
I recently read his Theoretical Mechanics. I will hunt out this Ur Jan and see what Ican learn.
Quietyourself, I said; tell me what all this means. Those who learn too much of his inventions die. I was frightened, and I hid, she replied.
I cannot explain this feeling that I occasionally have. We waited in silence then for perhaps two or three minutes. You are prepared to enter my service at once? When he left the room, I was to accompany him.
He is considered an excellent one, Fal Sivas assured me.
I am sorry, I told him; go and recover your weapon. Rapas stepped forward to engage me, a confident smile upon his lips.