dcciv-dev

[Dcciv-dev] scar announce

From: Rosamond Small
Subject: [Dcciv-dev] scar announce
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2006 22:57:52 -0400

I stole out of my own bed and overto Cecils.
Their garments were poor,their furnishings plain.
They said she was, and added that she was an only child.
I felt for her with my hand, but she was notthere.
It was Cecilia, pale but still beautiful, until she looked up at me. It was a genuine gypsy dance which I had the good luck to be a spectatorof. I stood still and listened: thesong was a plaint of hopeless love. The wind had gone down, but the sky was hidden by black, low-scuddingclouds.
How did it happen, I went on, that those two people got together?
Now Im a man of five thousand dollars ormore. So it was, he nodded laughing, the roof was high and the walls werewide. At last she regained control ofherself, and went on with her story. Michel, Michel, youhave done us a great wrong. The musicbegan; it was a kind of reel in a quick two-quarters beat. She had a tough time, Ill wager,for she had to earn the food for them all three.
Shell forget him when the right one comes, said myhusband. Now Im a man of five thousand dollars ormore.
God forgiveyou, Michel Kraensen, he said, for what you have done against us twohuman beings.
Without waiting for an answer she hurriedinto a pantry and soon came back with food and drink. Ah, there stood a chest, andon top of it sat the legless wanderer.
When she awakened, her mind had comeback.
Cecil blushed, but did not look up from her work. I saw only his profile, but that wasenough for me to recognize the chap.
The wind had gone down, but the sky was hidden by black, low-scuddingclouds.
The music sounded quite distinctly; it was a fiddle and no harp.
Southeast squalls and womens quarrels are apt to end in water, theJutlanders say. But were just as good friends for all that.
It was toward evening; I had to think of the night. But, as Ihave said, I didnt mean it seriously. She didnt speak much, but sighed and weptall the time.
Now Im a man of five thousand dollars ormore. Shell forget him when the right one comes, said myhusband. She sat rocking herself quickly back and forthand moved her hands as if she were spinning.
By your leave, wheredoes this good man come from?