dazuko-help

Re: [Dazuko-help] copied file's name

From: John Ogness
Subject: Re: [Dazuko-help] copied file's name
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 21:08:37 +0100

村上幸一 wrote:
> I want to detect the copy of the file.
> And I want to know copied file's name.
>
> Can I know copied file's name?
> (to dazuko check's folder)

Hi,

Dazuko does not recognize "copy" as a single event. Instead, it
recognizes the individual file events associated with "copy".

Here is an example (assuming Dazuko is checking /tmp/test):

$ cp /tmp/test/file1 /tmp/test/file2

First, Dazuko will notice that file1 is opened and send an event for
file1. Then it will notice that file2 is being created and send an event
for file2. But Dazuko does not know that the file1 event and the file2
event are related.

Using available event information (such as PID) your own application may
be able to identify this on its own. But it depends heavily on the types
of actions you want to detect and applications involved.

John Ogness

--
Dazuko Maintainer