dazuko-help

Re: [Dazuko-help] GRSEC patches and dazuko

From: Iain Smith
Subject: Re: [Dazuko-help] GRSEC patches and dazuko
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 09:48:04 +0000

On Fri, Feb 20, 2004 at 10:16:08PM +0100, John Ogness wrote:
> Iain Smith wrote:
> >I have compiled dazuko on a 2.4.24 box running the grsec
> >(www.grsecurity.org)
> >patches. When I try to insmod I get the following error:
> >
> >dazuko: panic(current->fs == NULL)
> >
> >I've tried installing it on a vanilla 2.4.24 box and it works fine, so I
> >suspect grsec is to blame. Sadly, getting rid of grsec isn't really an
> >option at the moment.
>
> With 2.4.22-grsec-1.9.12 it works with no problems. Are you *sure* that
> you are using the correct kernel code (with the correct .config file)?

Hi John,

I just got dazuko working... There may have been something screwy about
the source files on that particular box. I upgraded to 2.4.25-grsec-1.9.14
(using a fresh tarball) this morning and thought I'd try out of curiosity.
It worked just fine!

Evidently I was barking up the wrong tree...

Thanks for your help,

Iain