dazuko-help

Re: [Dazuko-help] dazuko and IPCop

From: Holger Wansing
Subject: Re: [Dazuko-help] dazuko and IPCop
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 21:50:33 +0200

Hi,

> I try to build dazuko for my IPCop firewall. IPCop runs under Linux 2.4.20.
> Therefore I have download the kernel 2.4.20 to my Mandrake 9.1 Workstation
>                 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                you meant, you intalled the kernel-sources, correct?
                Or did you compile a new kernel?
                If you are unsure here, you only installed the
          kernel-sources :-)

> (running Linux 2.4.21mdk) and unpack it in /usr/src/linux-2.4.20. Than I
> create the soft-link ln -s /usr/Src/linux-2.4.20 /usr/src/linux.
                                  ^
                                this has to be a little s
                                But continue reading!

> But if I try make dazuko I get tons of error-messages, starting with:

So you downloaded kernel-sources 2.4.20 and your machine is running
2.4.21??? That will never work.
You have to install the kernel-sources from which your kernel was
build, in your case 2.4.21mdk, or type uname -r to get the
kernel-version if unsure.

Strictly follow the intall-Howto dazuko.org:
http://www.dazuko.org/howto-install.shtml

Greets
Holger

Created with Sylpheed 0.7.4-claws