daredevils-devel

[Daredevils-devel] convalescence tall

From: Samson Byrne
Subject: [Daredevils-devel] convalescence tall
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 14:51:14 +0200

As I was going upstairs to dress, I found Goodeves hand on myshoulder. Hes only mad in so far as all genius is mad. There was a shadow ofanxiety at the back of my mind. He had still his spurs to win, whereas I had won mine, and I didntlike the fit of them. To enter, waking, into the world ofsleep, I added fatuously.
At dinner we all tried to behave as if nothing special was afoot,and I think we succeeded. It is a deepwell from which the reason can only draw little buckets of water. But I nevermind offering myself as a victim. It has somethingto do with a new theory of Time.
The Professor seemed to read my thoughts, for he broke in:You are worrying about the drug? Nextmorning I found a Times on the tray which brought my morning tea. Youll lie fallow for aday or two and the power will return. There cant be much lookingbackward in your life. I fancied that along lonely day on the hills would do me as much good as anything. But donot shape them as you would shape a logical argument.
I rather like these psychical adventures. Rather tomy surprise he added Reggie Daker. He thinks that Time is not astraight line, but full of coils and kinks. Landor confirmed all that Sally had said about the Professorsstanding.
If you will give me honestly all your powers, I cansupplement them.
If he were allowed to make the experiment something musthappen.
I asked him what form his experiment would take. His company might prove the tonic I required. Charles spoke with a lightness which seemed to me to be assumed. He says he has been like that for years,but I cant believe it. The mostI hope for is to show you some simple matter of sense-perception asit will be at that date. He is certain that he can make aconvert of you.