criawips-users

Re: [users] Installing criawips via rpm

From: Sven Herzberg
Subject: Re: [users] Installing criawips via rpm
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2005 11:29:16 +0200

Hi Michael,

(CC-ing Matt because he already built packages for criawips)

  Thanks for this information. It would be great if you two could sit
talk together about creating RPMs for criawips. Matt already build both
0.0.8 and 0.0.10.1 packages, but hasn't built 0.0.11 yet.

On Di, 2005-10-04 at 23:58 -0700, Michael A. Peters wrote:
> [Fedora build instructions]
> -=-
> It currently is not very functional. I do not know if that is Fedora or
> criawips in general.
>
> I was able to view an existing criawips presentation quite nicely. I was
> unable to do anything to create a new one, however - though after
> viewing an existing presentation, I was able to type (though what I
> typed did not display)
>
> I understand it is still quite young.

In the 0.0.11 version cou can create new text elements via "Insert" =>
"Text Item" (but that one's broken in case you want non-ascii-characters
too - CVS already contains a bug fix for this). At the moment I'm
writing some code to make text creation a bit better by providing an
object that shows which area the created block would use (and then
there's move/resize necessary).

Regards,
  Sven