Re: [Cp-tools-discuss] RFC: Gjdoc and valid HTML

From: Dave Gilbert
Subject: Re: [Cp-tools-discuss] RFC: Gjdoc and valid HTML
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 21:47:46 +0100

Julian Scheid wrote:

I've committed a fix to CVS. The default is still to generate pages that don't validate but are compatible to javadoc, but now a corresponding warning is emitted.

You can use -validhtml to force generation of valid XHTML (and break compatibility to javadoc.)

When you use gjdoc (CVS version) to link to external documentation, it will detect whether the external docs use valid or compatible names and things will work fine.

However, you cannot use javadoc to link to a gjdoc documentation set that has been generated with -validhtml.

Also, links to member documentation are mangled when using -validhtml and thus not as readable (e.g. in the browser status bar) as in compatibility mode.

Julian

Hi Julian,

Great! I will try this out with the JFreeChart API as soon as I can (which, unfortunately, won't be until the end of this week). Does Internet Explorer handle the new output any better? I care mainly about the (X)HTML compliance, but if IE renders nicely too that would be a bonus.

Regards,

Dave Gilbert